Interested in applying for a CEE Departmental Scholarship? If so, please review the scholarship criteria below. Then, if you feel you qualify, there is a two-step, on-line process you must follow. First you must update your University and College scholarship information. This is done by following the directions provided in the BCoE Application Process. Second and last, you need to complete the CEE Departmental Scholarship Application. Applications are accepted during January and February each year. Award are for the following fall semester.
All scholarship applicants must be a full time student enrolled in Civil Engineering (CE). Applicants must have completed at least one semester at Mississippi State University with preference given to those having been enrolled in CE during the fall semester prior to filling out an application. It is an University requirement that a student be full time during the semester in which they intend to apply the scholarship (i.e., apply for scholarship, awarded scholarship for fall semester, must be full time student in fall to receive scholarship).
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering offers the following undergraduate scholarships for its students:
- C.R. Patton Civil Engineering Scholarship - Open to all CEE Students
- Mississippi Manufacturer's Association Scholarship - Open to all CEE Students
- Mr. & Mrs. John J. Devine Scholarship - Open to all CEE students
- Robert G. Robinson Scholarship - Open to all CEE students
- Bobby and Judy Daniel Endowed Scholarship -Open to all CEE Students
- David H. Moreau Memorial Endowed Scholarship - Open to all CEE Students
- Elliott & Tani Dubuisson Endowed Scholarship- Open to all CEE Students
- Mitchell Family Endowed Scholarship - Open to all CEE Students
- C. R. & Elizabeth Patton Endowed - Open to all CEE Students
- Terry Anderson Family Endowed - Open to all full-time CEE Students, preference to those gainfully employed
- Webb M. Bruce Endowed Scholarship - CEE full-time student with a minimum 2.75 GPA and stated financial need.
- Kevin Eubank Annual - CEE student from Booneville, MS, or Prentiss Co., MS, with high academic standing.
- G. Wayne Gardner/MS Assoc. Co. Engineers Endowed - MS resident, CEE Student, preference to children of members or employees of the MS Association of County Engineers
- National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA)/Ergon Scholarship - Preference given to CEE students focusing elective coursework or graduate study in the pavement materials area
- Hanson Pipe & Products Fund Annual - Sophomore, Junior or Senior in CEE
- Mendrop-Wages Annual - Sophomore, Junior or Senior in CEE
- Mid-South Electric Metering Association Endowed - Sophomore, Junior or Senior in CEE
- William M. Parker Memorial Scholarship - Sophomore, Junior or Senior in CEE with a good GPA and deserving of recognition for scholarship and professionalism
- John W. Roach, Jr., Memorial Endowed - Sophomore, Junior or Senior in CEE
- Allen Glenn & Doris B Perry Endowed Scholarship - Junior CEE students, with a preference to those from MS and/or Neshoba County
- Cook Coggin Engineers, Inc. Scholarship - Junior or Senior in CEE. Based on academic records. Recipient is eligible to receive award twice.
- Josephine (Jo) Kellis Bounds Memorial Scholarship - Junior or Senior in CEE. Based on academic records. Recipient is eligible to receive award twice.
- Engineering Associates/Pickering Alumni Endowed Scholarship - Full-time Junior or Senior in CEE with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Helen Joe Memorial Scholarship - Junior or Senior woman in CEE. Awarded based on need, merit and academic record.
- Robert H. Wood Civil Engineering Scholarship - Junior or Senior in CEE with preference to MS high school graduates. Recipient is eligible to receive award twice.
- J. Baker, Jr. Scholarship -Senior in CEE; upper 25% of class, accomplishments indicate superiority among peers
- Howard K. Williford Memorial Scholarship - CEE Senior (or Graduate student) with an environmental engineering concentration. Must have attended MSU as a freshman, sophomore and junior. MSU CEE students who continue in graduate school are also eligible
- James Franklin Brownlee Endowed Scholarship - Graduate students only. (M.S. or Ph.D)
- Samantha Frederick Undergraduate Textbook Assistance Scholarship - Open to a Junior or Senior in CEE with at least a 3.0 GPA and working while earning a degree.
- Must apply by sending an email to email@example.com with the following information in the body of an email or as an attachment:
- Explanation how you meet the working requirement.
- Indicate your expected date of graduation.
- Provide information on the books purchased, with receipts, for the current semester.
Other opportunities exists with the Bagley College of Engineering and University level financial aid. These include:
- John E. Pearson Memorial Prize - An endowed award, the John E. Pearson Memorial Prize is given to encourage and reward academic excellence in those studying Civil Engineering. This award is given to a person engineering their senior year, who has demonstrated good character, has academic achievements as reflected in cumulative grade point average, and is considered one of the most outstanding students in that year’s class. Financial need is not a criterion and the college makes this award.